Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Harmonic Minor Scale (and it's modes) by Shawn Persinger

I'm sorry I have no fully realized text for this right now. Do what you will with the sheet music and hopefully in 24 hours I'll give you some tips...

FOUR DAYS LATER

So it has been more than 24 hours (but less than a week) and I have still not added any information to help you utilize the scales and vamps shown below. I'm sorry but I do believe the reason for the delay is a good one. 

EXCUSES, EXCUSES, EXCUSES

Once I got involved trying to make the theory behind the harmonic minor scale readable, and easy to understand, to beginner and intermediate players I realized it was more difficult than I original had planned. And the more work I did the more great ideas I had and the more fantastic my examples became...and continue to become.

As a result I have decided to let this blog stand as is, which is to say, this blog and the sheet music below is nothing more than:

1. The harmonic minor scale, shown in the key of A Harmonic Minor.

2. Shown in five different positions, with their modal names (the modal names are practically useless by the way and you should avoid letting them scare you or turn you off).

3. A few vamps you can use to solo over.

4. The scale harmonized into chords. 

That's it. That's all you get for now. 

I will continue working on this piece but given the scope of it I can easily see it turning into a magazine article and/or even a possible book.

Thanks for reading and I'll see you next week with something complete.






Join the Shawn Persinger is Prester John mailing list. Get free music and tabs!




Email:



The End.

See you next week. 
For more on Shawn Persinger is Prester John please visit: 

No comments:

Post a Comment