Friday, June 8, 2012

The Beatles' "And Your Bird Can Sing". Harmonies Lines for One Guitar by Shawn Persinger


Last week’s “Allman Brother’s Harmonies for One Guitar” was so popular that I thought I would do another song, from a different band, with two guitar parts arranged for one.

I read that as a teenager Joe Walsh made a name for himself in his hometown by being the guy who could play The Beatles’ “And Your Bird Can Sing” intro (originally a duet played by Paul McCartney and George Harrison) on one guitar. So I thought I’d try it myself. 

 
Example 1 gives the basic note order (although not the rhythm) for guitar one of “And Your Bird Can Sing”.

Example 2 is guitar two.

Just like last week’s harmonies for The Allman’s “Jessica”, “And Your Bird Can Sing” is made up of a combination of harmonized 3rds and 4ths and there is even a minor 6th in there too.

Example 3 gives both parts arranged for one guitar.

There are several fingering options available to us as guitarists for this composite. Besides being what feels most comfortable to me, the fingering shown in Example 3 is, more or less, arbitrary. I suggest giving my arrangement a shot then you should try out a few different fingering and position options of your own. 

Join the Shawn Persinger is Prester John mailing list. Get free music and tabs!


Email:

The End.
See you next week. 
For more on Shawn Persinger is Prester John please visit: 





No comments:

Post a Comment